Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Health Care Reform And You

Okay, so where do I begin with this touchy subject? I think that I should start with how expensive health insurance is. Even if you are only financially able to choose the cheapest option, it is still not very cheap, because the less you pay for your insurance plan, the higher your deductible, so you end up paying more in the end.
The problem with universal health care, is that the 'for profit' health insurance companies, are not being kept out of the mix, therefore making it, so that the American people, still won't be able to receive a more affordable health care plan, which covers all of their health care costs, and doesn't force them to have higher deductible cost.
Even I know that there is no easy solution to health care reform, but with that said, I don't want another HMO plan for everyone, who isn't lucky enough to be, in the top half of the rich sector , where they can afford an excellent health care plan.
I know that most people are yelling about not wanting socialized health care, like the European countries have, but if you think about it long enough, you may begin to realize, that the reason people end up paying more money, when it comes to their health care plan, is because there are to many middle men, with their hands in the profits, which makes it more expensive, because the cost isn't just between, you and your doctor.
I have included three videos with this topic, because I felt it to be necessary , so that people can be more aware of the fact that those, who already belong to some kind of health insurance plan, are being taken for a sucker, because they end up paying way to much money, for their health care, in the long run.
Hopefully, I have helped to shed some light on this important topic.
Please leave a comment to let me know , what your thoughts are, about health care reform.






No comments:

Post a Comment